Tasmine Clement ( PREP 15) received her undergraduate degree from the University of Notre Dame. She became part of PREP in 2017 with a desire to pursue a career in Genetics/Genomics of Infectious Diseases. During her time as a PREP scholar she attended several conferences and won many awards ( see below).
When asked what advice would she give to the current and upcoming students she just said:
"Take time to experience life, even if it's just for a moment!"
After a lot of hard work and dedication, Tasmine will be attending the graduate school at the University of Michigan, to study Molecular Biology.
Tasmine also attended the following meetings and won the following travel awards:
- $1,200 Models of Infectious Disease Agent Study (MIDAS) Travel Award April 2018
- Georgia Tech Focus Program January 2018
- $2,000 Annual Biomedical Research Conference for Minority Students Travel Award November 2017
- $400 5th Annual Cellular Biology of Eukaryotic Pathogens Meeting Full Travel Award October 2017
- $1,000 3rd Annual Institute for Computational Biology Symposium Full Travel Award September 2017
- $400 5th Annual North Carolina BioSciences Collaborative Symposium Full Travel Award July 2017